Tuesday 13 December 2011

Funny Moment 1

Hi guys, Jack here.

So just thought I would fill everyone in on a few funny moments I have experienced so far.

Firstly, the incident with the fly. So it turns out that Korean children seemed to be pretty wet when it comes to insects. In one of my first classes a large fly arrived announced and tried to start a disturbance, it flew round the class causing utter hysteria.
I could see this was some kind of test so I decided to grasp the situation by the balls before it got out of hand. I waited until the fly had landed on a student poster mounted on the wall and made the decision to end its mischief permanently. The closest thing to hand was an A4 hand out with the weeks vocabulary words. I approached the fly with the strategy of catching it in the paper and the screwing it up and putting it in the bin, what a hero, an idol of Korean children everywhere. Unfortunately all I managed to do was squish the fly into the poster and then smear its remains a good three inches across it. This triggered complete chaos which then took me ten minutes to calm the children down. Now every time I teach in that class I have to tell at least one child to stop pointing at the remains of the fly’s corpse and laughing. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment