Tuesday 31 January 2012

Saucy

Believe it or not, not all the children I teach are angels.  Therefore every now and then I feel its appropriate to get my own back. In one of my classes we were discussing food, and being a naïve Englishman I asked what drinks I should try in Korea. The first answer was ‘fish sauce’, and all the other children agreed that this was a  tasty drink. They then recommended a specific brand made from sand lances (small, thin type of fish) and wrote the Korean name down for me so I could buy it next time I am in the supermarket. Before I continue I just want to make clear that I know fish sauce is for cooking with and is only used in small quantities, not for drinking in any way. So I go to the supermarket and purchase said sauce. At the end of the next class I bring out the sauce from my bag, open it and drink the whole bottle, much to the classes complete astonishment. Some shouted ‘nooo‘, some shouted ‘why?’ most just filmed it on there phones. Little do they know that I switched the sauce with a mixture of coke and water. MWAHH HHAA HAAAA! 




No comments:

Post a Comment